Meet the Clerk
Paula S. O'Neil, Ph.D.
Dr. O'Neil holds a Doctorate in Philosophy in Applied Management and Decision Sciences, is a Certified Public Manager, University of South Florida Executive Fellow, Leadership Pasco Alumnus, and former Florida Sterling Examiner.
Paula serves on the Board of Directors for Florida West Coast Credit Union, Pasco Safety Town, Central Florida Behavioral Health Network, the Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers (First Vice President), and the Clerk of Courts Operation Corporation. She serves on the Advisory Committee for Information Technology at Pasco-Hernando Community College and the Advisory Board for Criminal Justice for Rasmussen College. Paula is active with the Pasco County Making Strides Against Breast Cancer and serves on several committees for the Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers and the Clerk of Court Operations Corporation. Memberships include the Rotary Club of Seven Springs, Chambers of Commerce, East Pasco Conservative Club, Lake Jovita Business Women, and the Homeless Advisory Board.
Paula and her office have been recognized with the following awards:
- 2012 Distinguished Budget Presentation Award – Gov’t Finance Officers Association of U.S. & Canada (GFOA)
- 2012 Achievement Award – Customer Call Center – National Association of Counties (NACO)
- 2011 Outstanding Public Servant – West Pasco Chamber of Commerce
- 2011, 2010, 2009…1983 – Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting - GFOA
- 2010 Justice Award – West Pasco Bar Association
- 2010 Business Woman of the Year for Government – Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2010 Achievement Award – Electronic Foreclosure Sales – NACO
- 2010 Achievement Award – Integrated Management Operating System – NACO
- 2009 Service Award – Domestic Violence Task Force
- 2009 Achievement Award – Customer Flow Management - NACO
- 2009 Best Place to Work – Workforce
- 2005 Achievement Award – eFiling in Probate –NACO
A native of St. Louis and forever fan of St. Louis Cardinals baseball, Paula has lived in Pasco County since 1987. She has two sons, Patrick and Phillip, and two grand-dogs, Buddy and Max. She enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, bicycling, and sporting events.
Community InvolvementPasco County Safety Town
Paula has been involved with Pasco Safety Town since the first organizational meeting. She worked with school board staff members on the original curriculum and is currently a Board Member
Click here for more information on Safety Town.
Florida West Coast Credit Union
Paula has served on the Board of Directors for Florida West Coast Credit Union since 2001.
Click here for more information on Florida West Coast Credit Union.
Florida Association of Court Clerks & Comptrollers
Central FL Behavioral Health Network
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
Past Involvement with the Community Included:
- ADA Coordinator, Pasco County Government, 1991 - 2002
- Pasco County Representative, National Organization on Disability, 1996 - 2002
- Advisory Board Member, First Call for Help, 1993 - 1998
- Member, Connections Community Network, 1993 - 2002
- Volunteer, Hernando-Pasco Hospice, 1992 - 1995
- Board Member, Keep Pasco Beautiful, 1990 - 1994
- President & Vice President, Moon Lake Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization, 1989 - 1992
- Member, Hudson Youth Soccer Association, 1988 - 1998