Meet the Clerk
Paula S. O'Neil, Ph.D.
Dr. O'Neil holds a Doctorate in Philosophy in Applied Management and Decision Sciences, and is a Certified Public Manager, University of South Florida Executive Fellow, Leadership Pasco Alumnus, and Florida Sterling Examiner.
Paula serves on the Board of Directors for Florida West Coast Credit Union, Pasco Safety Town, Central Florida Behavioral Health Network, Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers, and the Clerk of Courts Operations Corporation. She serves in advisory capacities for Pasco-Hernando State College, Rasmussen College, and Saint Leo University. Paula is the 2016 Honorary Chair for Pasco County Making Strides Against Breast Cancer and served as the Event Chair in 2010 and 2011. She served as President of the Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers from 2013-2014 and remains active on state and supreme court committees. She is a member of the Rotary Club of Seven Springs and the Chambers of Commerce.
Paula and her office have been recognized with the following awards:
- National Association of Counties (NACO) Achievement Awards
- Criminal Image Viewer – 2016
- Juror Cash Payment Program – 2015
- Customer Call Center – 2012
- Electronic Foreclosure Sales – 2010
- Integrated Management Operating System – 2010
- Customer Flow Management - 2009
- eFiling in Probate – 2005
- Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting – GFOA, Annually 1983 - 2016
- Distinguished Budget Presentation Award – Gov't Finance Officers Association of U.S. & Canada (GFOA) – Annually, 2012 – 2016
- Organizational Support Award - Salvation Army Domestic Violence - 2016
- Lady Justice Award – West Pasco Legal Support Specialists - 2013
- Government Service Award - West Pasco Board of Realtors - 2012
- Outstanding Public Servant – West Pasco Chamber of Commerce - 2011
- Justice Award – West Pasco Bar Association - 2010
- Business Woman of the Year for Government – Tampa Bay Business Journal - 2010
- Service Award – Domestic Violence Task Force - 2009
- Best Place to Work – Workforce - 2009
Paula is dedicated to Enhanced Quality of Life as a cancer fighter and survivor, hoping to spread the messages of early detection, making a difference, and life-balance.
Community InvolvementPasco County Safety Town
Paula has been involved with Pasco Safety Town since the first organizational meeting. She worked with school board staff members on the original curriculum and is currently a Board Member
Click here for more information on Safety Town.
Florida West Coast Credit Union
Paula has served on the Board of Directors for Florida West Coast Credit Union since 2001.
Click here for more information on Florida West Coast Credit Union.
Florida Association of Court Clerks & Comptrollers
Central FL Behavioral Health Network
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
Past Involvement with the Community Included:
- ADA Coordinator, Pasco County Government, 1991 - 2002
- Pasco County Representative, National Organization on Disability, 1996 - 2002
- Advisory Board Member, First Call for Help, 1993 - 1998
- Member, Connections Community Network, 1993 - 2002
- Volunteer, Hernando-Pasco Hospice, 1992 - 1995
- Board Member, Keep Pasco Beautiful, 1990 - 1994
- President & Vice President, Moon Lake Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization, 1989 - 1992
- Member, Hudson Youth Soccer Association, 1988 - 1998