Clerk Assistance

Clerk Duties

The Clerk & Comptroller may assist with the preparation of documents relating to a Simplified Dissolution of Marriage case. Each spouse must sign the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. A Property Settlement Agreement must be prepared and each spouse must sign the agreement. A financial affidavit must be completed and filed by each spouse.

A certificate must be signed in the presence of a deputy clerk or notary by a corroborating witness who will attest at least one of the spouses has lived in the State of Florida for more than six months before the Petition for Simplified Dissolution of Marriage was signed.

A witness is not needed if either spouse has a valid Florida driver’s license that is more than six months old. The deputy clerk will schedule the hearing and give each spouse a Notice of Hearing at the time the case is filed and the filing fee is paid.

Accessing Forms

Some forms are provided online. Forms can be completed using Adobe Acrobat and printed on your printer. If using Adobe Reader, complete and print the documents in the packet and bring them to the Clerk & Comptroller's Office. There are Supreme Court forms available for purchase at the Legal Resource Center located within the Clerk & Comptroller's Office.