The division receives and maintains all resolutions, ordinances, contracts, and other documents approved by the Board. Pursuant to Chapter 119, Florida Statutes, all records are open to the public.
The division, located in Dade City in the East Pasco Government Center, provides a centralized location for all documents pertaining to the Board of County Commissioners. A second location to access microfilm and imaged copies of the Board of County Commissioners is in the New Port Richey Recording Division, located in the West Pasco Government Center.
The first microfilm cartridge of the records of the Board is dated July 18, 1887. Prior to February 1985, all indexes of the records are on microfilm, beginning with March 1950. From February 1985 to current day, the index is on the Board Records Indexing system. Since October 3, 1995, all documents have been digitally imaged.
The Board Records Division attends meetings and performs clerking duties as required by Florida Statute or ordinance. This includes audio recording of meetings, appropriate advertisements, preparation of minutes, and distribution of documentation to various County departments, local, state, federal agencies, and private citizens. Such boards and committees include, but are not limited to:
- Citizens Advisory Committee on the Comprehensive Plan
- Citizens Ordinance Review Committee
- Consolidated Justice Information System Advisory Board
- Board of County Commissioners
- Educational Facilities Authority
- Emergency Medical Services Advisory Board
- Environmental Lands Acquisition Selection Committee
- Government Operations Committee
- Health Facility Authority
- Impact Fee Advisory Committee
- Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Pasco County Construction Board
- Planning Commission
- RESTORE Act Advisory Committee
- Public Safety Coordinating Council
- Tourist Development Council
- Transportation Disadvantage Local Coordinating Board
- Value Adjustment Board
- Villages of Pasadena Hills Advisory and Planning Committee