How do I file a landlord/tenant eviction?

You must determine, prepare, and file the appropriate complaint with the Clerk & Comptroller. The complaint filed will be based on the actions you wish taken by the Court (for example: possession of the property, demand for rent due, etc.). Include a copy of the notice you provided the tenant. The filing fee for an eviction case is $185 for County Court evictions and $400 for Circuit Court evictions.  A case number will be provided by the Clerk & Comptroller upon receipt of the required documents and filing fee.

Show All Answers

1. How do I file a landlord/tenant eviction?
2. What is a residential landlord/tenant eviction?
3. Where can I get forms for a landlord/tenant eviction?
4. What do I do after the eviction summons has been served?
5. How do I get a writ of possession?
6. What if I can't pay the filing fee?