What is a civil traffic infraction?

A civil traffic infraction is a noncriminal charge that usually can be disposed of by payment of a civil penalty or an election to attend a defensive driving course. A court appearance is not required, except in cases involving an accident with serious bodily injury or fatality. Payment may be made by mail, in person by visiting one of the Court Operations locations, or by phone.

To pay the citation and elect a defensive driving course online, visit MyFloridaCounty.com. Individuals unable to pay the fine via the Internet may complete the election to attend a driver-improvement course form (PDF) print, and mail or hand-deliver to one of our Court Operations locations.

Note: You are not eligible for defensive driving school if you possess a commercial driver’s license. To view and complete the form, you must have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer.

Show All Answers

1. What is a criminal traffic charge?
2. What is a civil traffic infraction?
3. How soon after issuance must I pay the citation?
4. May I use my debit or credit card to satisfy my traffic citation?
5. Are there options available other than paying my citation?
6. What happens if the citation is not paid in a timely fashion?
7. What should I do if I received a collection notice from Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson or Penn Credit regarding unpaid traffic fines in Pasco County?
8. What types of cases are heard in Traffic Court?
9. How do I enter a not-guilty plea to a civil traffic infraction?
10. May I plead not guilty to a traffic citation if I live outside Pasco County?
11. Where do I sign up to take a driving course?
12. Who will be present at the hearing?
13. What must I do if the Court finds me guilty?
14. May the Clerk & Comptroller's Office advise me about points assessed against my license?
15. What are the fine amounts?
16. Where does the fine money go?
17. My license is suspended; how can I reinstate my driving privilege?
18. If I receive a traffic citation in another county, may I take care of it in Pasco County?
19. May the Clerk & Comptroller's Office advise me about points assessed against my license?