What if I can't pay the filing fee?

You may complete and file an Application for Determination of Civil Indigent Status with the Clerk & Comptroller, Civil Department.  If found indigent, the filing fee will be waived.  If you are found not indigent, you may enter into a Payment Plan Contract.  The Payment Plan Contract allows you to pay the filing fee in smaller, monthly payments.  A service fee of $25 will be added upon the entrance of the Payment Plan Contract.

Show All Answers

1. How do I file a landlord/tenant eviction?
2. What is a residential landlord/tenant eviction?
3. Where can I get forms for a landlord/tenant eviction?
4. What do I do after the eviction summons has been served?
5. How do I get a writ of possession?
6. What if I can't pay the filing fee?